Members of the public, experts and potential volunteers often want to get in touch. We like hearing from people but it is important to read the section below so you know you are sending your information to us in the correct way.
Members of the public who believe they have information about a specific case should contact us using the form below. Please DO NOT contact the general office telephone numbers as you will not be able to be connected to an Inside Justice caseworker. Information for Louise Shorter or members of the Inside Justice Advisory Panel must also be sent via this form. Media enquiries should also be directed via this form.
Interns - we occasionally accept post graduate interns, though we only have limited spaces available each year. If you would like to be considered please complete thie form below.
Lay Volunteers - many people are fascinated by the cases we review and would like to assist us with our work. Predominantly we require the services of professionals and experts but sometimes there will be a requirement to engage the skills of lay volunteers. If you consider you possess the qualities Inside Justice might be looking for please complete the form below setting out carefully the skills you have to offer.
Expert Volunteers - we are always grateful to hear from professionals and experts who would like to assist us on a pro bono basis. If you would like your details to be added to our Expert Register please complete the form below.
Applicants, friends & family members
If you would like to apply to Inside Justice because you are protesting your innocence, or on behalf of somebody who is doing so you should carefully read the information below and the document below entitled ‘Application Letter’ to ensure sure you fit our criteria. We will only accept cases:
- If you have at least 5 years left to serve in prison
- If you have been convicted of a serious criminal offence in England or Wales
- Where there is objective evidence beyond the allegation of a solitary person
With regret we DO NOT accept sexual assault cases, including historic sex cases, where the only evidence offered in court came from the person(s) making the allegations. This means we do not accept cases where it was one person(s) word against another. There must be other physical evidence available for us to accept a case.
We are best placed to help cases which fall into the remit of our Advisory Panel of experts.
If you do send in paperwork for your case and it clearly does not fit our criteria then Inside Justice will take no responsibility over the safe return of that paperwork to yourself.
If you would like to volunteer to help Inside Justice please fill in the appropriate form. Our volunteers fall into three categories:
- Expert: If you have specialist skills (i.e. forensics, digital data, interviewing etc) which have previously been utilised in criminal investigations or criminal justice please use the Expert Form
- Graduate: If you are Graduate looking for work experience of an internship please use the Graduate Form
- Lay Volunteer: If you have no previous experience in criminal justice but you have skills you think would be useful to Inside Justice cases then please fill in the Lay Volunteers Form
All forms and applications can be e-mailed or posted to the address given below.
If your query relates to another matter please fill out the contact form below.
01489 795 945
Postal enquiries should be sent to: